Ammonium Sulphate – SA GranularNovember 9, 2023
Diammonium Phosphate 60 | DAP 15 – 45November 10, 2023
Single Superphosphate – SSP
- Appearance: Gray Granular
- Free Phosphoric Acid (P2O5): 4.5% Max
- Water soluble phosphate (P2O5): 14.5% Min
- Sulphur (S): 11% Min
- Moisture: 5% Max
For efficient Use of SSP, the following is recommended:
- Soil Testing : For efficient use of this fertilizer, soil must be tested for phosphorus contents. It will help in application of only required amount of SSP. This will also help in reducing cost of cultivation.
- Basal Dose : SSP is the best suited fertilizer for basal dose as through this we can apply full dose of phosphorus. So SSP gives the best combination with urea fertilizer. SSP is also the best fertilizer for pulses where higher phosphorus is needed as starter dose.
- Placement of SSP : Since phosphorus is immobile in soil, its source (SSP) should be placed at a distance where plant roots can easily reach. SSP should be placed below seed.
- Soil Amendments : Phosphorus, gives best results in neutral soils. But in case of alkaline, excessive presence of calcium makes complexes with phosphorus and ultimately results in poor phosphorus recovery. So bringing soil reaction to neutral by adding gypsum and leaching can only improve P use efficiency of SSP.